Friday, July 30, 2010

They hired the right girl.

I've been a little stressed and overwhelmed by my new job, even though I love it. I worry that they're gonna decide that I'm not capable enough for it, because Marcel (the other designer they hired that I work with daily) is really good at it. So I've been trying to keep from being an annoying overachiever or just shutting down completely. Polar opposite reactions, I know. I'm a little nuts.

So yesterday at work we were dissecting part of a working prototype to look at its components. It was a simple handle that was screwed into the side of this product, and we were looking at how it works exactly. We needed a philips screwdriver, and Zack went to look around for one. He came back with a really insufficient, too-small flat head hoping it would work because it was all we had.

And then I hoped beyond anything I'd ever hoped for that I hadn't unloaded my backpack completely from when we went camping a couple weekends ago... I usually keep it in there anyway....

"I might have my Leatherman in my backpack," I said as I dashed back to the other room to check a certain pocket on my backpack.

Zack looked up with an expression of complete awe on his face and said, "If you have one I'll be really impressed."

Needless to say, he was really impressed.

They did hire the right person for this job, girl and all. So, Russ, it looks like I am getting paid to be awesome.
The best Christmas present ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment