Sunday, July 4, 2010

My Etsy store!

So if you don't know already, I've been wanting to open a little gift shop/bakery for most of my life. I had a location picked out and I was hoping to get it going this fall. But I didn't sign the lease for the location soon enough. I walked by there a couple of weeks ago and the "For Lease" sign was down and there were some things in the windows. Talk about disappointment! I was super bummed out.

I decided that maybe it just isn't time to get it going yet.

Bob took me out to some fun little boutiques last week, Cherry Lane & the Flower Basket. I loved them! I wish I could work in one of those shops, or at least sell some of my creations to them for resale. But I wasn't feeling very good about my abilities since I hadn't gotten any responses on my job applications or resumes that I'd turned in a few days earlier. So I didn't bother asking anyone about it.

Instead I just decided to get an online shop going. Thursday, the same day that Bob took me out to those boutiques, I logged into my Etsy.com account and created my shop, and posted a few items for sale.

On Friday I got a message from a lady who just happened upon my page, and she gave me some wonderful suggestions and feedback on it. Then on Saturday she bought one of my items! Holy cow--my first sale not even two days after I opened my shop with only three items for sale! I was so jazzed when I looked at it tonight that I posted a few more items and improved my bio and policies page among other things.

So now I'm really excited about selling my creations! If you haven't already, go and take a look at it. And if you have an account, please make my shop a favorite (only if you like it, and if not, let me know how I can improve!).

If I can't go to work, I'll let work come to me. And I'm going to have a blast doing it!

1 comment:

  1. congrats! you are so talented. like your mother with a style all your own.

    ReplyDelete