Saturday, May 8, 2010

Our Hobby Room/Office

So our first little apartment has been a fun place to live. It's old and poorly kept up by the landlord, complete with bad repairs, no repairs, and tons of ghetto-rigged repairs. Some of the latter are from us, I'll be honest, but we're not about to spend a ton of money to fix up a place we don't own. I think we've done pretty well with it though. Even with the low ceilings, pipes and ducts everywhere, horrible white walls, and ridiculous layout, it's still cozy, comfortable, and best of all it feels like home.

Jennie Ray was living with us for a few months while she got on her feet here. She just needed to get out of Clarksville, and I've been in those shoes before. I also know how hard it can be to start off on your own for the first time. With that in mind, we let her stay with us until she got more established here in Utah. We had a spare bedroom, so why not? Granted, when we moved into this place we hadn't planned on having her live here so we had to changed our move-in and set-up plans. But that was totally fine, aside from being more crowded in our bedroom.

Well, she moved out and into her first apartment, which she loves, along with her fun roommates. So Bob and I got our spare room back. So we moved forward with our original plans for it. Now it's back to being an office/hobby & project room. Here's some pictures (although they're already outdated because there's more on the bookshelves and I have a mess of fabrics, scissors, thread, hot glue gun, etc. on my table):
 The view down the hall as you walk in.


Here's my little side of the room.

And here's the view from where I sit. 

Not too bad, eh? I love it. It's helped me relax more and keep my sanity. I think I've needed a place like this my whole life, and now I finally have space for it. 

And now, I'm going to get back to using this room for what it's meant to be used for.

No comments:

Post a Comment