Saturday, May 8, 2010

Fabric Flowers

So with my new hobby/project room, I've started making things. I posted some pictures on Facebook, but I thought I'd put some up here too. I suppose I just really want to document all of this because I'm really pleased with most of it. So I'm going to be posting lots of blogs of things I'm making. I'm also going to try and catch up on posting past projects, so there might be several posts by me, all in a row.

Last night I couldn't sleep. So I finally got up and went into my project room and sat down at my desk. It's funny how I remember having so many ideas of things I wanted to make, and now that I have a place to do all of that I can't remember any of them. Luckily something came to me.

I've recently seen some cute headbands and barrettes with fabric flowers on them. I thought they looked simple enough, so I tried it. I cut out some paper patterns and they worked perfectly--first try! That doesn't happen very often. So here they are:
The red one on the top right was the first one I made. They just got better from there. I finished the edges with Mod Podge so they won't fray.

Now I just need to figure out where to get a bunch of headbands or barrettes.

1 comment:

  1. Christina saw these and went nuts! Mom made a pink one and she wore it everyday when she first got it. She is a total girl unlike her Mom. Awesome job J!

    ReplyDelete