Saturday, May 8, 2010

Journal Cover

I'm heading to Singapore for a three week study abroad class in less than 10 days. Dr. Todd, the professor heading up the whole trip gave each of the 8 students going these navy blue journals to write down notes, thoughts, epiphanies, and anything else during our travels. I didn't like how the front looked because 1) it was bland, and 2) they all look the same. I like to stand out and be unique. So I pulled out some scraps of paper I had laying around and came up with this:

I also sealed it using about 5 coats of Mod Podge, taking care to make sure the edges of all the paper were sealed to the cover. I did the label separate from the rest of it though. I used this really nice textured, fuzzy mulberry-like paper. I wanted to keep that, so after the final sealing coat had dried on the cover, I coated the back of the label with Mod Podge and glued it on.
 So now I like my Singapore journal much more. I actually want to carry it around with me and write in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment