Thursday, February 5, 2009

First Blog.

Okay! Ashley, you can rejoice now; I'm in the blogging community finally.

Now I need to figure out what to write. A few days ago I had all these clever thoughts I wanted to blog about, but I was too chicken to face the cold temperatures in my parents' bedroom to attempt to so do. Then I got smart yesterday and found the little box heater in Dad's shop outside, brought it in, and placed it here next to me. I've been online ever since. It makes a huge difference in here. The only problem is that there's a short in the cord right by the plug, so I have to twist it to get it to work, and then the plug gets kinda hot so I have to unplug it periodically because I'm afraid I'll start a fire f I don't. Ah, the joys of living on a farm and being frugal.

Speaking of frugality, does anyone know how hard it is to live right now without a job? I can't find one, and I can't do anything because I'm so broke. I'd love to get out of the house and go buy a book, or go to Waffle House just for the hash browns sometime, or even just buy nail polish so I can paint my toenails. But I can't do anything. Plus I have no friends, so I wouldn't really go out anyway. I don't mind spending time with my parents, but I do miss being on my own. I guess I can't have everything though, and I've just gotta make the best with what I've got.

I got Dad's webcam installed and working the other day. Google Talk just doesn't have the webcam capability yet, I don't think so anyway. But it's been fun to play around with.

Okay. First blog down. The next one(s) should be more exciting, I hope anyway. Although, with no social life and no children, I'm not sure what all I can write about.
I"ll just have to get creative.
Or not write very often.

1 comment:

  1. hurray! but you've had this 9 days and i didn't even know! i was reading lauren's blog and saw yours...and i wondered if i knew this person. yep! glad you've jump on the bandwagon!

    ReplyDelete