Sunday, October 10, 2010

projects in the process

I've been doing a lot lately, hence the sparseness or lack of blogging. But here are some things I've been working on:

Somehow I can't ever quit sewing for other people. Last winter I made some clothing for this guy named Jeff who's in a band. He's 6' 4" and weighs maybe 160. He's super tall and really skinny, so it's hard to find clothes that fit him well. His mom found me at JoAnn's one day and just struck up a conversation with me, got my business card, and next thing I know I'm taking his measurements and custom-making a snazzy shirt and an even snazzier blazer for him. Well, the other day he came wanting another shirt and a vest as well, and this time he brought his girlfriend with him, who happens to want a dress made. I started on the dress first, and here's what it looks like so far:



Also, on Saturday we had a small yard sale together with our neighbors, during which we played scrabble and made $30. Also, our neighbors happen to have some small hedge clippers, so we trimmed down some crazy branches off of a bush in front of the house that blocks some of our front window. Then, I'm not sure why, but I made a wreath out of the clipped-off branches. We have some rose bushes in our front yard as well, along with some nice vines growing in the back. Everyone joined in and suggested putting some roses on it and Bob went and clipped some vines for me to use as well. It was fun, and I think it turned out pretty fabulous, considering that I made it all from scraps of whatever was on the property at our house.



Lastly, I'm planning on having a pajama party this Friday. It's been a while since I've had a party of any kind, and I remember throwing parties all the time when I was a little girl. My mom encouraged it and I think she had a lot of fun with it too. So, I'm starting up again. I made up a bunch of invitations and handed them out to friends. The front has lots of colors and different papers used and the back has all the information on it. I wanted them to be reminiscent of pajama pants, but I'm not sure if that really came across or not. Here's what they look like:




I'm planning on putting together some little bracelet-making and card-making kits for everyone who wants one, and I have a friend who is a Mary Kay consultant who will hopefully be able to come and demonstrate the new microderm-abrasion product available and maybe do some makeovers as well. The girls that come can either stay a few hours or sleep over, and then in the morning Bob and a friend (who he's staying with that night, and whose wife will be attending the party) will be making pancakes for anyone who will be staying the night. I'm pretty excited about it! I love throwing parties!

3 comments:

  1. I like the dress. I really wish I knew how to sew clothes. Maybe someday you can teach me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is awesome!!!! You have such talent. And I wish I lived close to come to your party...

    ReplyDelete
  3. sometimes being busy is great! sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete