Friday, March 16, 2012

Traveling at 36 weeks pregnant = Adventure!

It was an eventful weekend for me. So eventful, in fact, that my doctor put me on bedrest for a day after over-doing it.

Bob and I drove up to Utah for my cousin's wedding. Yes, I took a 12 hour road trip at 36 weeks pregnant. However, instead of 12 hours, it took us 16 hours. We had to stop and let me walk around every 2 hours, mine and Bob's bladders were on opposite schedules, and we had to deal with an almost-fender-bender an hour into the trip (someone merged into our lane while we were in his blind spot and bumped into our front tire). It was a long drive, and for the last hour and a half I was hungry, my back was in some serious pain, and I was tired beyond belief. My angel of a husband was so sweet and patient the whole time that I was whining and complaining and groaning and even yelling a little. I sure married the right man! I hope he feels the same way about me, although wouldn't blame him for doubting it when I act like I did then. He definitely deserves a nice mansion in heaven after this life.

While on this trip, we stopped and said hello to a favorite friend and former coworker of mine, helped with some last-minute wedding dress and bridesmaid dress needs, visited our favorite house of single guys, we enjoyed time with family, we participated in a beautiful wedding, we took maternity photos with an old childhood friend of mine, we stopped in to briefly visit a couple of friends, and also another newly wed couple, and then we even visited my grandmother too. We did all of that in about 3 days! No wonder my doctor put me on bed rest for a day before driving back home! We're kind of nuts.

The night after the wedding, maternity shoot, and seeing several friends, Bob and I were driving back to where we were staying and I could barely stay awake. I know he was exhausted. He told me that morning that he wasn't sure if he was up for seeing all of those people after the wedding because he was so tired already. But that night on the drive back, in my struggle to stay awake in order to make sure he stayed awake to drive safely, we talked about how lucky we are to have such wonderful friends and family members. He said even though he was tired beyond belief, he was really glad that I pushed him to go with me to see those friends. That made me feel good. Most of the time I feel like I just nag Bob and push him into doing things because it's what I want. I don't want to be that kind of wife! I don't want him to resent me years from now for making him do things he never wants to do. I'm so glad that he was thankful for my encouragement and persuasion to keep going everywhere with me that day. It was worth it. We had a wonderful visit with each and every person we saw up there! I just wish we'd had more time, but that's what we always wish every time we go to Utah!

Here are some photos from this most recent adventure.


The most pregnant bridesmaid ever.


The greatest husband I could ever ask for!


Bridesmaid details: hair piece, bouquet, earrings.


Bob changing my shoes for me, because I couldn't do it myself in a lady-like manner.


Owen keeping Peyton calm by sharing his ice cream with her.


The lovely bride and groom!



The baby started kicking during our photo shoot!


Love this little guy already.


Credit for these and the many other wonderful maternity photos not pictured: 
Candid Joy Photography
Go check her out! She does some great work!



Last but definitely not least, Bob and I with Grandma. 
I love this lady beyond what words can express, and I will miss her dearly when her ever weakening body finally gives out. She has no idea how much she's loved and adored, or just how many lives she's influenced and impacted--including my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment