Saturday, April 30, 2011

TMI about discounts

I'm a fan of saving money. I'm also a fan of finding ridiculously good deals on things--things I want and things I need.

Yesterday I did just that. Twice.

A little while ago, I got a $10 gift card in the mail for my birthday from Victoria's Secret, as well as a $10 off gift certificate, and another gift card that came with a purchase I'd made from that store a couple of months ago online. I didn't know how much money was on that last one--I had to go into the store to find out. All three of those discounts were going to expire at the end of the month, so I decided to see if it would be worth it to use them.

After work I went over to the mall and into Victoria's Secret to browse around. Soon I'll need a new bra, so I decided to see if I could find one. This may be more than you want to know, but last year I got measured and discovered that I was a really obscure, hard to find bra size. I asked one of the store employees to point me in the right direction to find a bra in that size, and she said, "Oh, we don't carry that size in the store anymore. But you can buy them online still." Great. I'm not about to buy my bras online, because what if I hate the way they fit? I'd have to mail it back, order a different style, get it, try it on, and if I didn't like that one... It would just be ridiculous. Also, I really like how the ones from Victoria's Secret fit. I just prefer them over department store bras. Anyway, since it has been over a year, I decided to get measured again and see if maybe anything's changed just so I'd know... And I'm officially not a random, obscure size anymore! That was such good news.

My other good news: with all of those discounts I mentioned earlier, I bought  $45 bra for $16. Ha! That's how much bras at Wal-Mart cost! Oh, it was a beautiful use of my money.

That evening, Bob and I went to congratulate our friend Teresa on graduating from college. Teresa and I ended up going out shopping while Bob and her husband, Zach, stayed back and played video games. I didn't find what I was looking for, but we did find some 99 cent shelves at Roberts with lots of cute stamps, blank cards, and other goodies on them. Seriously--stamps for a dollar! I almost bought every one of them, but then I exercised self control and only got a few. I couldn't decide which ones to put back though. Teresa and I literally dug through those shelves for over half an hour picking things out, putting things back, picking them out again... It was fun, but we decided we probably shouldn't go shopping together again unless we actually have money to splurge with.

Two great deals in one day! I'm one happy girl.

Now I'm ready to go make some cards...
(While wearing a comfortable, new bra.)

1 comment:

  1. i am a bra snob! i only wear victoria's secret! plus there is something about leaving with a pink bag with tissue paper. makes you feel all girly. and i am so not girly. :) call me weird! YAY for a great deal and a comfy bra!

    ReplyDelete