Thursday, April 28, 2011

I should be a wedding planner.

Sometimes I think I'd love to  be a wedding planner. I love coordinating colors and styles. I love creating desserts and appetizers and full course meals. I love designing formal clothing and accessories. I love making things pretty and I have such an eye for little details. And I love to be organized (I just wish I could afford to splurge on the best organizational items so I could do it like I want to).

My friend Jennifer is getting married in June. She asked me to make her bridesmaid dresses. Her colors: purple and zebra print with lime green accents.

Here are what the dresses are looking like:




I designed them with her ideas and suggestions. I think they're turning out pretty fun! I flew to TN over Easter weekend and fitted all the bridesmaids. All of the girls seemed to like them, and some were thrilled at how cute and figure flattering they are. It's always nice to be a bridesmaid and like the dress enough to wear it later. It also makes me feel good that I'm really getting really experienced at professional quality sewing, especially since this was the first pattern I made myself! 

Jennifer was also interested in a hair piece for her big day. After several emails full of ideas, I came up with this for her:

There are olivine (bright green) colored crystals in the center of the daisy and two types of feathers behind it. I really like how it turned out, and she loves it too! 

Now I just need to attach it to an alligator clip and send it to her. And then it's time to finish those bridesmaid dresses...

2 comments:

  1. Oh I hope she sends pics so we can see the finished product in action! Do what you love. Love what you do. You'll find a way and you'll always be happy doing it!

    ReplyDelete