Sunday, April 7, 2013

Growing Graham: 1st Birthday!

Well, it's official. Our little baby has become a toddling one-year-old. His birthday was a lot of fun, aside from me stressing out about silly things (as usual).



I had decided that to mark this milestone, I would give Graham his first ever haircut that morning. The high chair and snacks helped to keep him distracted while I did some trimming with scissors. He didn't mind it. But as soon as I turned on the clippers, he got wary of my plans and wasn't so keen on being stuck at the mercy of his perfectionist mother.



I got most of his hair cut, uneven as it may have been. Mission accomplished!


And my prediction was right--he looks so much more like a little boy with a hair cut! Graham is no longer a little baby (even though I still call him that).

He had nap time a little while later. We got lunch and zucchini bread cupcakes made, decorations up, and gifts wrapped. Then he woke up to a porch full of family and friends there to celebrate with him.


His cupcake smash was pretty low-key. He did really like the frosting.






He got some fun presents too.


A sweet leather jacket!
Best toy ever! When you pull one out, another one appears! Kept him busy and lasted for a long time. 
He sure gets cuter with every day that goes by. I'm so proud of him for how much he's learning and how smart he is, but I miss my sweet tiny baby that I could cradle in my arms. I'm so blessed to have had any time at all to enjoy his happy little personality as an infant, and I'm excited to see the silly and loving sides of him continue to blossom.





I love you, my little baby Graham!


No comments:

Post a Comment