Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween!

Bob and I love Halloween. Well, I think mostly I love Halloween and try to make it fun and now Bob likes it too. I love costumes and parties, so since our engagement Bob and I have always tried to do a theme together with our costumes.

When we were engaged we were Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable (yay Disney!). I even made Bob a naked mole rat to carry around in his pocket.

              (I can't find any pictures of us from that year, but I know they exist!)

Our first year of marriage we were Ken and Barbie from Toy Story 3. We loved those costumes and had so much fun that year!



Our second year of marriage I was pregnant, and since Bob likes puns and jokes so much I dressed up as an oven with a bun inside and Bob was the chef.



This year, we really wanted to play up Graham's awesome red hair. In talking to some friends about how we can incorporate that into our costume this year, my friend Karen mentioned that Peter Pan had red hair. It was such a perfect idea! So we went with it.

Bob was Captain Hook.
His costume was a mish-mash of thrifted, bought, and borrowed items.



I was Tinkerbell.
I made my costume from 2 t-shirts, a tulle tutu, and thrifted shoes with some fake snowballs glued onto them.



And Graham was Peter Pan.
I designed and made his costume, from head to toe!



We attended a costume party at a friend's house up near Escondido, CA on Friday night. Saturday was the trunk-or-treat at church. And on Halloween we went to Chipotle and got $2 burritos for wearing our costumes there.



It was such a fun holiday this year. I can't get over how adorable and how perfect Graham's costume was! Well, I think that all of our costumes were perfect, really. I'm really pleased with how they turned out!









Now, to start thinking of next year's costumes....

No comments:

Post a Comment